RetroSampler is a lo-fi sample player inspired by hardware samplers of the 90s. It features adjustable sample and bit rate, clock jitter control, low pass filter with drive control and a integrated ADSR envelope. Lowering the sample rate will introduce the sought-after "ringing" effect found in older samplers which is not just a simple decimation effect: the resampling algorithm accurately follows the transposed pitch without interpolation.
There's also a full version with more features called RetroSampler Pro.
- Version 2.2
- Completely rewritten sampler core in C++ to optimize load times, CPU usage and file footprint
- New genuine envelope generator: a linear envelope with additional segments to mimic exponential/logarithmic slopes
- Version 2.0
- Updated resampling algorithm
- Updated clock jitter algorithm
- Added Imaging filter
- Bit reduction now uses uLaw companding
- New filter design with drive control
- Full ADSR envelope
- Version 1.01
- Updated resampling algorithm with proper anti-aliasing
- Version 1.0
- Initial release
Runs on 64bit Windows and Mac (Intel+Apple Silicon) systems.